Mitt Romney: Epic Fail

/2249333002_db8e783762.jpg

Surely I would have preferred for the Democrats to have to face Romney than McCain, but I take serious pleasure in the flameout of the most disingenous politician in U.S. History, and the egg on the face of his chief fluffer, Hugh Hewitt.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney suspended his presidential campaign Thursday, telling a convention of conservative activists a protracted fight with John McCain would only aid the Democrats.

"I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, I feel I must stand aside for our party and our country," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference. He said a Democratic victory in the 2008 presidential election would endanger America's security in a time of war.