Mitt Romney Continues To Try And Buy The Nomination

If I thought better of conservative voters I would commend them for showing character in not allowing Mitt Romney to throw around his cash and take the nomination.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney loaned his campaign a total of more than $35 million in 2007, according to the most recent filings of campaign finance reports.

In the past quarter alone, the former Massachusetts governor pumped $18 million of his own wealth to financing his candidacy. That personal contribution helped bolster his fourth quarter fundraising total to $27 million, well beyond the $6.8 million raised by his competitor and GOP frontrunner, Sen. John McCain.