McCain's adviser will not work against Obama

By Ben Cohen

Some integrity in politics:

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports: On Wednesday, a top adviser to John
McCain said more definitively than he has in the past that he will step
down from the Arizona senator's presidential campaign if the presumed
GOP nominee faces Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in the general election.

"I would simply be uncomfortable being in a campaign that would be
inevitably attacking Barack Obama," said McCain adviser Mark McKinnon
in an interview with NPR's "All Things Considered."  "I think it would
be uncomfortable for me, and I think it would be bad for the McCain
campaign."

McKinnon, who was a Democrat before serving as President Bush's ad
maker in 2000 and 2004, said that he plans to be behind McCain "100
percent" no matter who the Democratic nominee is. He explained,
however, that if the Democrats nominate Obama, he will be supporting
McCain "from the sidelines."

While saying that he does not agree with Obama on every issue, McKinnon gushed about the Illinois Democrat.

Keep reading.