Clinton's "Plagiarism" Charge Falls Flat

When I saw the Clinton campaign claiming that Sen. Obama had committed "plagiarism" for echoing a few words from another politician's speech, I thought "are they serious"? This is the sort of useless charge that seems to once again show the fingerprints of an inept Mark Penn operation. By this standard, every time a politician said "ask not", he or she would have to provide a stackful of footnotes attributing the phrase to President Kennedy. For a change, the nightly news broadcasts on ABC and NBC noted how trite this accusation is (nobody tell the ODS-infected pro-Clinton sites, it's the outrage du jour).