Oh Noes

Turmoil returns.

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs is resigning, according to Redskins sources. The team is planning a news conference this afternoon to discuss the Hall of Famer's decision to leave as both coach and team president.

Gibbs will stay with the Redskins organization in some capacity, perhaps as a consultant to team owner Dan Snyder, team officials said.

UPDATE: Clearly the one to lead us through this moment of adversity is... Joe Gibbs.

UPDATE 2: Some names being floated to be the next head coach (And they are the next head coach, not Joe Gibbs' "replacement". You can't replace him.). I'll jump out of the window if Brian Billick comes here, and Jason Garrett? I will never trust Cowboy coaches, especially after our experience with Norval.