Hillary's Lies, and Love of Reagan

By Ben Cohen

http://nymag.com/images/2/daily/intel/07/03/19_hillary_lg.jpg

Here's a lesson in why electing a Clinton is a very, very bad idea:

Firstly, Hillary Clinton flat out lied about Barack Obama's 'praise' of Ronald Reagan and the Republicans. Clinton stated: "I have to say, you know, my leading opponent the other day said that
he thought the Republicans had better ideas than Democrats the last 10
to 15 years. That's not the way I remember the last 10 to 15 years."

Here's what Obama actually said:

"I think it is fair to say that the Republicans were the party of ideas
for a pretty long chunk of time there the last 10 or 15 years in the
sense that they were challenging conventional wisdom."

Notice the lack of the crucial word 'Better'.

Secondly, in a book by former NBC anchor Tom Brokaw called “Boom! Voices
of the Sixties: Personal Recollections on the ‘60s and Today”, Brokaw
quotes Clinton as saying that, “She prefers the godfather of the modern
conservative movement, Ronald
Reagan,” (Page 404). “He was, she says, 'a child of the
Depression, so he understood it [economic pressures on the working and
middle class]. When he had those big tax cuts and they went too far, he
oversaw the largest tax increase. He could call the Soviet Union the
Evil Empire and then negotiate arms-control agreements. He played the
balance and the music beautifully".

Thirdly, in reference to Obama's supposed praise of Republican ideas,
Clinton stated, "I was fighting against those ideas when you were
practicing law and
representing your contributor, Rezko, in his slum landlord business in
inner city Chicago."

Fact: The only work Obama did with Rezko was with his law firm in an
attempt to provide social housing in a poverty stricken area in
Chicago. As reported by the Law firm partner Judson Miner, "Over
several years, Obama did
a total of five to seven hours of billable work on Rezmar-linked
projects. He mainly filed incorporation papers for the non-profit
groups under the supervision of more senior attorneys."

Check here for a thorough rebuttal of any wrong doing on Obama's part.

And we thought Swift Boating was unique to the Republicans.