The Ever Rising National Debt

By Peter Bauer

The National Debt in the United States is now over $9,000,000,000,000 (that’s trillion, baby!).  Never before have we owed so much to so many.  Did you know that we owed China $408 billion?  Even more staggering is the $611 billion we owe Japan.  The debt ceiling has been raised five times in the last five years to allow government spending to spiral completely out of control.  And who has to pay this money back?  Certainly not the people writing the checks.  It’ll be the people who are too young to vote now who will have to deal with this mess later.

Learn More: