Obama helps transparency in Government

By Ben Cohen

One of the main keys to restoring serious democratic values to American society is to make it more transparent. And that means tax payers should know exactly where their money is going, and
what the federal government is spending it on. The Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 created by Barack Obama along with Tom Coburn has resulted in a website USAspending.gov, that tracks every single dollar the Federal Government spends.

Obama may be a mainstream candidate running on a main
stream agenda, but this is a big step in the right direction. The more we know about where our money is going, the more can do to prevent corruption.

The U.S government spends a ludicrous amount of money on defense, more than every other nation on the planet combined. Most Americans are largely unaware of this, so buy into the right wing fear mongering that tells them the U.S needs to spend more on its military.  With social spending diminishing, Americans wonder why health care is so expensive, and their pensions are eroding. Now, they will know why.