Schwarzenegger sues Federal Government over emission standards

By Ben Cohen

Schwarzenegger may be a Republican, but he is an environmentally conscious one. After California passed legislation to reduce emissions by 30% by 2016, the Environmental Protection Agency has refused to give its stamp of approval, making the legislation useless.

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

Schwarzenegger quickly accused the federal government of
"ignoring the will of tens of millions of people"

"Our future depends on us taking action on global warming right now", he continued.

"There's no legal basis for Washington to stand in our way."

Schwarzenegger then moved to file a lawsuit against the Federal Government, accusing them of harming the State of California. Read the full report on the BBC.