Bill Clinton pulls a Karl Rove

By Ben Cohen

After the pathetic attempt by Karl Rove to revise history on Iraq, Bill Clinton could not resist the attempt to create his own reality, stating yesterday that he "opposed Iraq from the beginning".

In a speech in Iowa, Clinton stated: "Even though I approved of Afghanistan and opposed Iraq from the
beginning, I still resent that I was not asked or given
the opportunity to support those soldiers."

Clinton's support for the war in Iraq has been well documented, (check here, here and here), so why he is pretending otherwise defies logic. His wife's bid for presidency has been marred by her support for the disastrous invasion, so it seems they are attempting to blur the distinction between 'supporting the war', and 'supporting Bush having the authority to go to war'. If this isn't a clear indication that the U.S needs to move on from the Clintons, it's not clear what is.