About The Daily Banter

The Daily Banter was started with the purpose of providing an alternative voice to the mainstream news media. We believe that the future of content and journalism needs to contain a combination of the best elements of new media and the traditions of serious reporting. Old media establishments have struggled in the digital era proving that traditional for-profit models are not sustainable when it comes to providing real news.

By contrast, we have grown from one site into one of the biggest network of independent political blogs in the US in less than four years, embodying a dynamic mix of new media and traditional journalism.

Our site features commentary from respected columnists, a growing network of independent sites that breathes life into the blogosphere.

If you are interested in advertising on The Daily Banter, please contact us at thedailybanter(at)gmail.com, or upload your ad directly here.

To receive your daily dose of Banter via email, please subscribe by entering your email address below:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

The Daily Banter Privacy Policy

Traffic Data

When you visit The Daily Banter, our systems collect basic information about your computer, including Internet Protocol Address, operating system, browser software, Internet Service Provider. We also collect information about what you view on the Web Site. This information reflects our readership as a whole and is used to help us better understand and best serve The Daily Banter community.

Use of Cookies

The Web Site uses “cookies” — a small piece of information that a web server can store temporarily with your web browser. We use cookies to track the type of content and web sites to which our users link, the length of time they spend at any particular web site and the The Daily Banter services they use. Cookies also help us diagnose problems with our server.

Email News

After signing up with The Daily Banter via email or RSS, users will receive email news from the site. In order to distribute our email, we collect subscribers’ email addresses via a third party system. We do not share email addresses with other companies or partners. Users can unsubscribe from receiving emails from The Daily Banter at any time.

Surveys

Occasionally, The Daily Banter will conduct voluntary surveys of Web Site visitors to obtain aggregate demographic information about them. This information may be compiled and shared in the aggregate with third parties, but no personal details will be traceable or associated with specific individuals.

Linking to Other Sites

The Web Site may contain links to web sites operated and maintained by third parties, over which we have no control. Privacy policies on such linked sites may be different from our privacy policy. You access such linked sites at your own risk. You should always read the privacy policy of a linked site before disclosing any personal information on such web sites.

Children’s Guidelines

Protecting the rights of children is important to us. As a result, we do not collect or maintain any information from individuals we know to be under 13 years old, and no part of the Web Site is intended to attract anyone under 13 years old.

Unsubscribe, Data Removal and Data Modification Policies

The Daily Banter allows users to opt-out of receiving communications from us and to modify or remove their information from our system. Simply unsubscribe from our RSS feed or email subscription service.

The Daily Banter will not use or disclose your personal information without your consent, except (i) as described in this Privacy Policy or (ii) as required by law, court order or as requested by other government or law enforcement authority. This Privacy Policy does not protect information you post to any online bulletin board or other public forum within the Web Site.

Discussion Forums

The Daily Banter makes discussion forums available to its users. Please remember any information disclosed in these areas becomes publicly available, and therefore you should exercise caution when disclosing personal information. Also, pursuant to The Daily Banter’s User Agreement, by using the Web Site you grant The Daily Banter permission to use any content you post on the Web Site for any purpose.

If you have any concerns about the discussion forums, send email to thedailybanter@gmail.com.

Contacting The Daily Banter

If you have any questions about this Privacy Policy, the practices of the Web Site or your dealings with the Web Site, you can contact:

thedailybanter@gmail.com

Policy Changes

The Daily Baner reserves the right to amend this Privacy Policy at any time without notice, and only the current Privacy Policy may be deemed effective. If we decide to change our Privacy Policy in whole or in part, we will inform you by posting a notice on the Web Site. Those changes will go into effect on the date posted in the notice. The new Privacy Policy will apply to all current and past users of the Web Site and will replace any prior policies that are inconsistent.

Hi Burst! I confirm that I own this domain and control all content herein

Comments are closed.