Karl Rove is a disgrace to the United States of America

In this article from the Denver Post, Karl Rove takes his hand out of the Bush puppet and actually defends this administration by himself. But he is still using the tired old lies and fabrications that we have heard every day since this debacle in Iraq began. Does he simply not understand the situation, or does he just not live on this planet anymore?

/rovebush1674.jpg

Rove faces cynics in Aspen

Weight gain is the main problem at Guantanamo Bay, the Bush adviser tells a groaning audience.

By Troy Hooper

var requestedWidth = 0;

if(requestedWidth > 0){document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px";}

Aspen - A polarizing figure, presidential adviser Karl Rove is accustomed to criticism. He is also used to getting laughs. Speaking in liberal Aspen at the annual Aspen Ideas Festival, Rove encountered his share of cynics.

But Rove expressed no regret about the widely unpopular war in Iraq.

"I make no apologies," Rove said when an audience member asked how personally responsible he felt for the war. "It was the right thing to do. The world is better off with (Saddam Hussein) gone. We all thought he had weapons of mass destruction. The whole world did. He didn't. ...

"In the aftermath of the removal of the regime, al-Qaeda decided to make its stand in Iraq. And we have got to, in my opinion, fight 'em and beat 'em there; otherwise we are going to face them somewhere else."

Read the full article