TBA 2007: Obama, Edwards

I attended the speeches for both Barack Obama and John Edwards, and it was an almost complete flip-flop of the impression I got at the DNC winter meeting. Obama brought his "A" game and had the audience eating out of his hand. He told his bio, attacked the right but still was able to send out his unity message.

Edwards on the other hand, did not bring the fire that I've seen him bring numerous times from 2003-present. It was kind of a rote recitation of policy fun that didn't really enrapture the crowd. It's a case of knowing that someone can do so much better and kind of being upset when they fail to hit the three.