Religious Far Right Closing Up Their Political Shops?

Recently received in email:

I am writing to let you know that the Center for Reclaiming America for Christ was closed on April 26. This unanimous action by the members of the Board of Coral Ridge Ministries—each one a close friend or associate of Dr. D. James Kennedy, who continues to recover from a cardiac arrest suffered in December—came after a lengthy period of review. It was taken as part of a larger ministry restructuring designed to redirect Coral Ridge Ministries back to its core mission—doing media ministry.

We at Coral Ridge Ministries have now embraced a very aggressive goal to expand our media audience tenfold over the next five years—from three million to 30 million people by 2012. To reach that goal, we will need to be focused laser-like on the production of print, audio, and video programming for use on television, radio, the Internet, and other new media channels.

It is this requirement for single-minded ministry that led to the hard decision to close the Center for Reclaiming America for Christ.

Pair this with the whole backlash on Dobson and it looks like the religious far right may have had it with the boondoggle the Republicans have had them in since the Reagan era. No theocracy, no total ban on abortion, no curbing of freedom of speech...