Mike Bloomberg On The Terror Plot

don't panic

NYC Mayor:

"There are lots of threats to you in the world. There's the threat of a heart attack for genetic reasons. You can't sit there and worry about everything. Get a life," he said.

That "What, me worry?" attitude pretty much sums up Bloomberg's advice to New Yorkers on the terror plot. As far as he was concerned, the professionals were on it, so New Yorkers shouldn't let it tax their brains.

"You have a much greater danger of being hit by lightning than being struck by a terrorist," he added.

I think Mayor Bloomberg is more or less right here. Yes, terrorism exists and we should all be aware of it in our daily lives (people traveling with me on the DC metro probably a little more than high schoolers in Okoboji, Iowa, but your mileage may vary) but there's no reason to follow along with the conservative lemmings and lose your shit every time Fox uses the NEWS ALERT graphic. People during WWII lived in a world on fire with a genocidal madman focused on world domination, but from the American homefront to the Brits on the front lines - they worked together to keep themselves sane. No reason we can't do the same now.

Leave it to Michelle Malkin and company to get their knickers in a twist.