Why I'm (Still) Glad Jerry Falwell Is Dead

saddam and satan

Max Blumenthal has the details. I got some flack in e-mail and even from my mom (she's one of those Christians who actually practices what the Bible really teaches) when I posted that I was glad Falwell was dead, but I refuse to back away from that sentiment. Much like how I felt when Strom Thurmond went to hell, these are people who actively worked to keep blacks, gays, and others as less than human. If the Falwells had had their way I or my predecessors would be hanging from a noose somewhere.

Why the heck would I want someone like that walking on our beautiful planet?