The Thirty Percenters Strike

Giuliani consultant Patrick Ruffini has launched a website to harvest e-mails for -- well, I'm not sure what exactly. I guess it's to express their fringe sentiment that America ought to stay the course with the Bush strategy that kills Americans while leaving us open to terrorism, but that can't be right.

Then again, considering the people we're dealing with here... Only in the world of the cons is a quote from Ronald Reagan somehow the answer to a failed war, a failed strategy and a miserable failure of a presidency.

UPDATE: It's like conservative columnist David Brooks saw this coming.

Conservatives have allowed a simplistic view of Ronald Reagan to define the sacred parameters of thought. Reagan himself was flexible, unorthodox and creative. But conservatives have created a mythical, rigid Reagan, and any deviation from that is considered unholy.