Rise Of The "Netroots"

Not the most amazingly insightful piece written, but interesting anyhow. The most important part, and the cons and msm will never get this, is the lack of idealogical rigidity. There's a coalition of conservative, moderate, and very liberal people who just want to see the Democratic party stop acting like a whipping boy for the press and the right. Also notable is (yet again) the use of the word "movement" to accurately describe the left and right much to the chagrin of Jay Caruso.

I certainly became more politically involved after the 2000 election (this blog, in fact, began maybe a month or two after Bush was sworn in in 2001).

I still hate the word "netroots" but it is what it is.