Right Wing Terror Watch: Alabama Free Militia Planned To Attack Hispanics

Encouraged?

Five members of a self-styled Alabama militia were denied bond Tuesday after a federal agent testified they planned a machine-gun attack on Mexicans. A sixth man accused of having weapons and explosives components in his home was approved for release.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert Armstrong said he could not grant bond because of the agent's testimony and the large number of weapons — including about 200 homemade hand grenades and a launcher — that were seized in raids last Friday.

"I'm going to be worried if I let these individuals go at this time," the judge said.

The five are charged with conspiring to make a firearm.