Obama And Black America

I caught some kind of heck for saying this stuff a few months ago, but maybe from his leadership position people will actually listen to Senator Obama.

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is delivering pointed critiques of the African American community as he campaigns for its votes, lamenting that many of his generation are "disenfranchising" themselves because they don't vote, taking rappers to task for their language, and decrying "anti-intellectualism" in the black community, including black children telling peers who get good grades that they are "acting white."

And yes, this is totally selfish in a collective sort of way, but the strides I believe black America would collectively make forward in having a black president - finally - would be off the charts.