Gen. Petraeus In Fairy Tale Land

Disney's Cinderella Castle

We can't keep the lights on consistently in Iraq, we can't properly secure the Green Zone - the most fortified area in the entire nation - but somehow this detailed and far reaching strategy being proposed/implemented by Gen. Petraeus is supposed to work?

This thing is like lining up a row of dominoes from Miami to New York City and assuming that nothing at all is going to interfere with them until you choose to kick start them. We have failed at every turn in Iraq due to the incompetence of the civilian leadership (President Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc.) as well as the military leadership (Tommy Franks).

It would literally take magic and a time machine to fix things beyond royally screwed.

Please stop pretending. All of our lives are at stake.