Barack Obama On Why John McCain And Mitt Romney Are Idiots

barack obama

Sen. Obama responds to their tiresome "you hate the troops" attack:

This country is united in our support for our troops, but we also owe them a plan to relieve them of the burden of policing someone else's civil war. Governor Romney and Senator McCain clearly believe the course we are on in Iraq is working, but I do not.

And if there ever was a reflection of that it's the fact that Senator McCain required a flack jacket, ten armored Humvees, two Apache attack helicopters, and 100 soldiers with rifles by his side to stroll through a market in Baghdad just a few weeks ago.

Governor Romney and Senator McCain are still supporting a war that has cost us thousands of lives, made us less safe in the world, and resulted in a resurgence of al-Qaeda. It is time to end this war so that we can redeploy our forces to focus on the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 and all those who plan to do us harm.

UPDATE: John McCain is trying to - stupidly - claim that flack jacket and flak jacket aren't the same thing. He might want to chat to the boys in the Department of Defense too.