Rudy Giuliani Conveniently Forgets That 9/11 Happened On The Republican's Watch

Rudy Giuliani, the thrice-married, estranged from his son, criminally-connected Republican candidate for the presidency made a really silly assertion:

Giuliani

Rudy Giuliani said if a Democrat is elected president in 2008, America will be at risk for another terrorist attack on the scale of Sept. 11, 2001.

But if a Republican is elected, he said, especially if it is him, terrorist attacks can be anticipated and stopped.

“If any Republican is elected president —- and I think obviously I would be the best at this —- we will remain on offense and will anticipate what [the terrorists] will do and try to stop them before they do it,” Giuliani said.

But you see, Rudy, 9/11 happened during the Bush presidency and the last time I checked, even though you guys seem to be attempting a Stalinist whitewashing (like this), George W. Bush is a rock solid Republican. You campaigned for his re-election, in fact, walking side by side with him on top of the corpses of the 9/11 dead (and some feel Giuliani's leadership of New York helped to make some of the problems worse). Frankly, Rudy, more Americans have been killed via terrorism under this Republican president than any president in the entire 231 year history of our nation. It was a Republican president who ignored the warning signs before 9/11, it was a Republican president whose reaction to 9/11 was a deficit of leadership, and it was a Republican president who chose to respond to the attacks by invading the wrong country with a botched strategy that has led to the deaths of an additional 3,000+ Americans.

Frankly, if we are to do the best we can to prevent the loss of innocent American lives the last thing anyone should ever do is vote for a Republican. Recent history proves that's way too much of a risk to take.