Obama Calls For Imus to Be Fired

Time for an Imus death watch?

In an interview with ABC News Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., called for talk radio host Don Imus to be fired, and said he would never again appear on his show, which is broadcast on CBS Radio and MSNBC television.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Also this seems pretty big:

As the backlash against Don Imus grows, General Motors and American Express said today that they, too, will pull their advertisements from his program.

On Tuesday, Staples said it had asked MSNBC to remove it from the show, and Procter & Gamble said it would temporarily suspend all of its daytime advertising from MSNBC.

P&G is one of, if not the biggest package goods companies in the world. How can MSNBC survive without that account?