Kirsten Powers & The Fox News Democrats

This video clip from O’Reilly a couple nights ago perfectly illustrates why Fox has the vapid and shallow Kirsten Powers on as a “Democrat”:

And more from this story in Salon on the Fox News Democrats, the Washington Generals (ref) of punditry.

For example, in January, when discussing O’Reilly’s favorite new target, NBC News, whose cable channel MSNBC hosts O’Reilly nemesis (and former Salon columnist) Keith Olbermann. On this occasion, O’Reilly’s chosen line of attack was on William Arkin, a part-time NBC military analyst who wrote a controversial blog entry for the Washington Post about U.S. troops in Iraq. Powers, despite her opposition to the war in Iraq, used the occasion to hit out at blogs and the antiwar movement, likening Arkin’s writing to antiwar tropes coming out of the left, saying, “This was the type of thing that you would expect to read on a far left blog. It has all the hallmarks of the basic far left arguments, which is, you know, the reference to our sons and daughters. We have to save our sons and daughters. The reference to — they’re all pawns, they’re all stupid. They don’t actually want to be over there. The reference that they only support the war because they have to. What else would they do? They couldn’t get up in the morning unless they were.”

Moreover, while attacking the far left, Powers has also been hired as the liberal bookend to conservative blogger and columnist Michelle Malkin on a yet-to-be-launched Fox show called “It’s Out There.” Malkin, who has repeatedly defended the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II, allows her column to appear on a Web site, VDARE, that also publishes self-proclaimed “white nationalists.” VDARE’s parent organization has been branded a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Powers has not commented publicly on Malkin’s ties, and declined to comment on them to Salon, saying she didn’t want to discuss her colleagues.

I was once a supporter of Kirsten Powers, but thanks to her actions – and inaction – on Fox News as well as personal interaction I’ve had with her, it’s clear she’s on Team Stupid and we here at OliverWillis.com will subject her to the scorn she deserves.

  • AMTavizon

    MS. POWERS has my respect she is a very smart lady and has interest and affiliation with the Democrat Party, but she also proves to me that her character as person is genuine something that others just don’t have. I as a Republican while usually disagreeing with her politics, respect her as the genuine person that she is…
    Keep up the good work Kirsten Powers and don’t ever be afraid to call it as you see it after all that is what separates genuine from fruads

  • Greg

    I am amazed at the hypocrisy of most of these left wing nuts. I thought the dem party was all for tolerance of other people’s ideas and concerns? It seems the tolerance is only for people that believe the same way they do. Do something like Kirsten, Alan Combs or Joe Liberman and actually speak their minds and they are crucified by these goons. Even though they agree with dems 90% of the time, you kick them to the curb as soon as they say something you don’t like. I was raised in a dem family, with a very long held democratic voting record. Jimmy Karter changed that for me. Actually he was the final straw. What really got me straying from the party was being spat on by your so called liberal and tolerant war protesters while in my U.S. Army uniform at the end of the Vietnam War. I changed to Independant.

  • Cesar

    I think she’s a cutie ;)

  • Glen

    Kirsten powers= dumbass, airhead.Ron Paul for president.Get off the air you stupid broad!

  • Harvey Simon

    This message is for Kristen Powers. You dumb ^#%$. Scooter was convicted by a jury with overwhelming evidence. You have no respect for our judicial system.

  • http://sextasexxx.info Zmajrga
  • http://sextasexxx.info Zmajrga
  • Jason

    There’s a great article on Salon.com now about the Fox Democrats and the purpose they serve. They all, her included, insist they’re doing the Democratic party a service. I beg to differ.

  • Duros62

    a yet-to-be-launched Fox show called “It’s Out There.”

    Well, they got that right at least.

  • Duros62

    I find it fascinating that O’Rly has on a body language expert all the time to analyze everybody else’s talk shows. Just kind of proves he’s got nuthin’.