Don Imus Must Go

When I saw the original comments, I just couldn't believe it. Don Imus pulls a lot of crap on his show, but honestly how the heck could someone be so blatantly racist in today's world?

Then he has now gone on the apology circuit, but to his credit Al Sharpton is right about this. No apology is good enough.

Imus issued another apology for referring to members of the team as “nappy-headed hos.” Sharpton called the comments “abominable” and “racist” and repeated his demand that Imus be fired.

“Our agenda is to be funny and sometimes we go too far. And this time we went way too far,” Imus said on “The Al Sharpton Show.”

NBC reporter Ron Allen has an interesting take.

Clearly, an apology hasn't made all of this go away. Something more has to happen, and is happening. I think some of the media companies trying to keep their distance now realize they remain tainted. I believe many here where I work will do the right thing. It is being taken extremely seriously. One dilemma is that many of the country's most influential decision makers seek out Imus, appear regularly on his show, relish the platform he provides in morning drive time. So far, many of those powerful voices remain silent.