Disney's Black Princess

Some kind of cultural milestone. I'm not sure what kind, just yet, but some kind of milestone.

Disney is about to break a new barrier with its first African-American princess, Maddy.

Parents and children are excited to see Maddy who will soon star in "The Frog Princess."

"I know growing up we didn't have many African-American cartoon characters that we could really relate to," said James Drewery.

Well, we did have Black Vulcan from Superfriends. I like how he was "Black" Vulcan, you know, in case you didn't notice.

UPDATE: Here is a picture of "Maddy".