Bill O'Reilly Loses His Damn Mind

UPDATE: If you're looking for Bill O'Reilly going nuts on Inside Edition, go here. The clip below is him arguing nuttily with Geraldo Rivera.

In the entire, dark, black history of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, this is probably the craziest clip ever. A young girl was tragically killed by a drunk driver. But this was not enough for O'Reilly. Instead, because the criminal was an illegal alien he added this incident to his ongoing crusade against the brown people. Luckily Geraldo was on the show and he - to his credit - called out O'Reilly's xenophobia for exactly what it was. This drove Bill O'Reilly insane. I was almost certain he was going to reach across the table and hit Geraldo.

This is the leading face of cable news, right wing media, of the conservative voice in the media, and he's a freaking psycho. The kicker, O'Reilly concludes his tirade by saying "this is reason". Well, I guess that's what passes for it in today's MSM.

MORE:
News conference held in response to Bill O'Reilly's criticism

The mayor and Tessa Trachant's father both said that making an issue out of immigration loses the focus that the girls were killed by a man that police said was driving drunk.
Ray Trachant said, "We need to heal, and to bring immigration, that's disrespectful to a family who's just mourning."

FLASHBACK:

Searching for a word to describe someone who assists immigrants crossing the border, O'Reilly came up with "wetback" (2/6/03). The incident was explained away by Fox officials as an unfortunate gaffe (New York Times, 2/10/03), but the Allentown, Pa. Morning Call (1/5/03) had O'Reilly using the same racist term in a speech earlier in the year: "O'Reilly criticized the Immigration and Naturalization Service for not doing its job and not keeping out 'the wetbacks.'" O'Reilly denied making the comment (Washington Post, 2/17/02), but the reporter stands by his account.