Americans Need To Get Over Their Hangup About The Human Body

So the Hartford Courant runs a picture about the Virginia Tech massacre, and readers write in to the ombudsman... complaining about the possibility that the man's genitals were exposed?

Come on. Give me a break. This is the same Victorian-era bull that says that naked flesh in popular culture is cause for an "R" rating, but a guy can pump another man's chest full of lead and get a PG-13. It's beyond crazy that we're so puritanical that we'd rather see graphic violence over mild nudity, when nudity is a basic human condition while violence is an aberration.