Video: Tom DeLay: I Don't Know What's In My Own Book

Tom DeLay, the disgraced Republican leader whose criminal indictment was the catalyst for the Republican party losing control of congress, was on Hardball. Chris Matthews asked him about a quote from his new book (No Retreat, No Surrender: One American's Fight - you know Springsteen can't like that) that he was flogging. DeLay denied the quote was there. So Matthews turned to the page with the quote. Idiot. And this guy wasn't just a congressman - for several years he was the elite of the elite, one of the Republican party's top leaders - one of their Gods. But he didn't appear to have read his own - ghostwritten - book.