U.S. Attorney Scandal: "Partisan Fishing Expedition"

From Bush's laughable defense of the U.S. Attorney scandal. Expect to see the talking point on talk radio, cable news (especially Fox News Propaganda Network), and on the rightie blogs.

I hope Sens. Schumer, Leahy, etc. are having a good laugh while their staff type up the subpoenas.

UPDATE: Here is Sen. Leahy's response to the earlier, laughable offer:

“I was glad to meet Mr. Fielding and I welcome the fact that these issues have his full attention.

“I don’t accept his offer. It is not constructive and it is not helpful to be telling the Senate how to do our investigation, or to prejudge its outcome.

“Instead of freely and fully providing relevant documents to the investigating committees, they have only selectively sent documents, after erasing large portions that they do not want to see the light of day.

“Testimony should be on the record, and under oath. That’s the formula for true accountability.

“I hope the President will agree to be forthcoming.

“The straighter the path to the truth, the sooner we will finally know the facts.”