Ironic Or Just Dumb?

Power Line and Glenn Reynolds both cite a New York Times article as their source of information about newspaper woes.

Now, while folks like myself have a problem with a lot of the reporting that comes out of outlets like the Times, unlike Reynolds & Co. I don't think their ill fortunes are because of political leanings, however, but due to the fact that I can get the latest news from tv, radio, the internet (at sites like NYTimes.com) and more. A newspaper has a hard time competing with that.

But to say their decline is due to political leanings, and cite the very same newspaper you villify as a tool of the enemy - well, maybe Instapundit and the Powerliners are being very ironic.

Or, to use Occam's Razor, they are unbelievably stupid.