The Upside Of Being On The Side Of The Good Guys

Dick Cheney, patron saint of the stupid and ill-informed

Dick Cheney, patron saint of the stupid and ill-informed

Rush Limbaugh: Racist, Drug Addict, Misogynist, Hatemongerer

My hero, Dick Cheney, is back. The highest levels of the administration are not backing down. He was on Good Morning America today from Sydney, Australia. Correspondent Jonathan Karl again talking to him. Question: “The speaker of the house was so upset about your comment that she called the White House to complain.” But Cheney did not back down.

Barack Obama: Husband, Father, Senator, Role Model, Possible President

Obama, speaking at a massive outdoor rally in Austin, Texas, said British Prime Minister Tony Blair's decision this week to withdraw 1,600 troops is a recognition that Iraq's problems can't be solved militarily.

"Now if Tony Blair can understand that, then why can't George Bush and Dick Cheney understand that?" Obama asked thousands of supporters who gathered in the rain to hear him. "In fact, Dick Cheney said this is all part of the plan (and) it was a good thing that Tony Blair was withdrawing, even as the administration is preparing to put 20,000 more of our young men and women in.

"Now, keep in mind, this is the same guy that said we'd be greeted as liberators, the same guy that said that we're in the last throes. I'm sure he forecast sun today," Obama said to laughter from supporters holding campaign signs over their heads to keep dry. "When Dick Cheney says it's a good thing, you know that you've probably got some big problems."

Now, it is a little unfair. Because in a battle of wits between Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh and Barack Obama... Cheney and Limbaugh are going in unarmed.