Just B.S. From Matt Stoller

In a moment of blog triumphalism (yes, I'm sick of it too) Matt Stoller is trying to claim that the netroots (whatever that is at the moment) forced John Edwards into a moment where he "walked back" his comments about Iran. I addressed the substance of the controversy here, but what Stoller is saying just isn't true. As evidence he cites an entry from Kevin Drum but in that very same entry Drum admits "Technically, there was no contradiction between what he said in these two venues."

I've referenced this habit of Stoller's a couple of times recently, because I think in order to critique someone you need to be intellectually honest, and especially when you're claiming victory you have to cite some actual evidence that says the object of your scorn admitted culpability. Neither is true here.