The Juggernaut Is In

Hillary Clinton is officially running for president.

Hillary Clinton

Clinton Announces Step Toward ’08 Bid

Six years after making history by winning a United States Senate seat as first lady, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton announced this morning that she was taking the first formal step to seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, a journey that would break yet more political barriers in her extraordinary and controversial career.

As some of you may know, there is nobody - nobody - the conservative Republican base hates more than Senator Clinton. The vitriol they directed towards John Kerry in 2004 was a warm tongue bath compared to the hate they have for Clinton. So, we're going to be keeping an eye on the loons as the campaign takes off.

UPDATE: As if illustrating my point, the kids at Newsbusters dissect the Clinton video Zapruder style in search of hidden meaning: "And check out the yellow spot in the bushes. At first I thought it was just a warm dapple of sunshine. But freeze the frame when, about 1/4 of the way through, Hillary says "how to end the deficits that threaten Social Security." That's not sunshine -- those are flowers in bloom."

Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left.