Obama '08: Are We On The Cusp?

Obamaebony

Obama's '08 Decision Coming Soon

Sen. Barack Obama is almost ready to make an announcement about his potential presidential campaign, he said Sunday on Face The Nation.

"I will have something to say about that fairly soon," Obama told Bob Schieffer. "Obviously, there's been a lot of talk. It's something that I've been considering. I've said I've been considering it. And we'll be making an announcement fairly soon."

Will Obama Announce on Oprah?

A tipster with knowledge of Sen. Barack Obama's (D-IL) presidential campaign planning hints that an official announcement may be made on the Chicago-based Oprah Winfrey Show this week.

And then there's this supremely silly story in the London Times, arguing that the "black leadership" (note: Barack Obama is one of, along with Jim Clyburn, the highest ranking elected officials in America that happens to be black) isn't sold on Obama. Furthermore it suggests that Obama would split the black vote with... Al Sharpton? What sane black person has Sharpton even in their top ten? A non-issue backed up by lack of any serious quotes - that Sharpton or Jesse Jackson haven't endorsed Obama even though he hasn't announced yet is supposed to be a deal, but it ain't.