Hillary Reconsiders

I'm not sure what led Sen. Clinton to finally come out with an unambiguous position on Iraq, but it's still a good thing.

In an exclusive interview with ABC News in Baghdad, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., called the situation in Iraq "heartbreaking" and said she doubts Congress and the American people believe the mission here can succeed.

"I don't know that the American people or the Congress at this point believe this mission can work," she said. "And in the absence of a commitment that is backed up by actions from the Iraqi government, why should we believe it?"

In 2008 there are going to be litmus tests for Democratic candidates - if they voted for the war, would they vote the same way now? They must be in favor of redeploying from Iraq like the majority of the party is. Their position can't be "a little of this and a little of that" like John Kerry in 2004.

Iraq is the central issue of our time, the Democratic standard bearer must be on the right side of history for the good of the party and the country.