Gov. Richardson Is In

Billrichardsonrunning

Bill Richardson, the only governor so far one of two governors (along with Tom Vilsack), is running for president.

New Mexico Governor Enters Presidential Race

Gov. Bill Richardson, D-N.M., said Sunday he is taking the first step toward an expected White House run in 2008, offering extensive experience in Washington and the world stage as he seeks to become the first Hispanic president.

"I am taking this step because we have to repair the damage that's been done to our country over the last six years," said Richardson, a former congressman, U.N. ambassador and Energy Department secretary.

Once again we see the amazing contrast between the two parties. For the Democrats we've got Gov. Richardson, a product of immigration who's been in public service at both the state and federal levels. For the Republicans you've got Tom Tancredo who is running on the idea that "America is closed".