Earth Joins The Empire

Rosebowl2007

(Empire News Service) - On the first day of 2007, the planet Earth officially joined the Empire. In works for months, the official handover of the third planet from the sun in the Solar System occured during the Rose Parade in Pasadena. "We are pleased to add Earth to the Empire", said the Emperor in a press-release holograph delivered by droid. "Each addition makes our galaxy less 'far far away'". The transition was not without controversy as the march was picketed by numerous rebels holding signs declaring "Help Us Obi-Wan, You're Our Only Hope".