DOA

Bush is going to push domestic policies in his state of the union, but you almost wonder why the very unpopular president just doesn't cancel the speech and be done with it. We are not going to pass his whack-job ideas in the House or Senate. We've got a good stack of progressive legislation working its way through the congress, and a scant two years from now we wil have in all likelihood a Democratic president (with increased Democratic majorities in the House and Senate) to sign it into law. The Bush con jobs ended with the plan to privatize social security, not only is his capital spent but he's overdrawn and the bank wants its funds repaid with interest.

Unless he proposes a plan to use switch grass to go to Mars, then all bets are off.

RELATED ARTICLES