David Brooks And The Bush Myth

I wonder why members of the elite media like David Brooks insist on furthering myths about the life of George W. Bush. I know they write from their lofty perches in the mainstream press, but by no measure is George W. Bush a product of normal family life. He wasn't just born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but an entire set of cutlery was firmly planted in his jaw. Only in the press can someone who's father was president, vice president, head of the CIA and the Republican party can be an "average joe".

I ask, how many of you had a family compound, much less one in Kennebunkport, Maine? Unless you're writing outrageously detached columns for the NY Times, not too many I would suppose.